We are looking for some gregarious and energetic team players with outstanding service skills who are driven and passionate about coffee, good food, great games and having fun while providing exemplary customer service.
The Gnome Games / Gnoshery ethos is simple: sharing fellowship with food, beverages and games; putting fun on every table, in a positive and supportive work environment. Our intention is to provide the highest quality games and play experience, coffee and food, accompanied by exceptional customer service.
If working with coffee, tea and and interacting with people is what gets you out of bed each morning (as it does us), then you’re certainly a candidate!
Responsibilities: Every Gnoshery Gnome is always responsible for ensuring our guest have the best experience possible at our tables
- Greet and interact with customers, providing everyone with an excellent experience
- Maintain a positive demeanor in a busy environment where multi-tasking, cleaning, and effective communication are requirements.
- Prepare and serve coffee and tea drinks that meet quality standards
- Serve customers at tables or counter, bus and sanitize quickly and efficiently without prompting with a positive attitude all times
- Sample coffee or tea each shift to improve product knowledge and uphold Gnoshery standards.
- Represent and maintain the Gnome Games and Gnoshery brand and culture, while also bringing excitement, enthusiasm and creativity to programs.
- Properly and safely handle and maintain all equipment
- Prepare batch brew and pour-over coffee according to our standards of quality.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment and take out the garbage
- Respond to orders, questions, or concerns in a polite and efficient manner
- Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
- Serve customers cheerfully, quickly and efficiently Maintain knowledge on current offerings and confidently and accurately communicate product information to customers.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings (both coffee and food, and of course games!)
- Communicate with team members and management to solve problems and improve service.
- Observe relevant health and safety standards
The Ideal Candidate: Is communicates effectively, learns quickly, is super positive, hard working and fun to work with
- Has a minimum of two years of experience in service-oriented retail, hospitality, and/or customer service
- Has exceptional customer service and communication skills Is highly organized and efficient
- Has fundamental knowledge of coffee, espresso, and grinding equipment, or a genuine interest and ability to learn and retain
- Can quickly resolve conflict
- Is available on weekends (this is a must).
- Has reliable transportation to work and is able to arrive on time.
- Is a team player Is able to problem solve quickly and multi-task in a busy environment
- Can lift 25lbs
- Is able to stand for long periods of time
- Has experience in a high-volume and / or fast paced retail or food service environment
What we offer: A fair wage based on experience, performance and ability
- Amazing career development opportunities and personal growth
- The most energetic and fun filled work environment filled with great food and beverages, fun games and supportive staff and management you will find in the board game or cafe industry
- An equal opportunity and a safe working environment at all times.
- An environment where gnomes’ creative input and/or ideas are welcome and encouraged
- Full time employment opportunities for exceptional candidates
- Young, outgoing, hard working and energetic but inexperienced gnomes are always welcome to apply!
We are willing to train the best customer service people in the business if you are willing to work hard, learn fast and have fun!